Professor Estrin, Monash University, Clayton, Australia
The main tasks of the project are:
- Upgrade of the existing and development of new methods of obtaining multi- dimension metallic nano materials. .
- Further development of the concept of hybrid materials with special internal structure. - Synthesis of both principles of obtaining new materials and their realization in specific technologies.
- Development of new materials for advanced biocompatible medical implants, materials for power engineering as well as multi-purpose composites, including auto and aviation industry.
- Building up a scientific school of hybrid nano materials in NUST MISiS in order to educate students and doctoral students in this advanced field.
The main objective of the project to develop a new generation composite materials technology, specifically hybrid materials which combine dissimilar components. Improved properties of such composites will be achieved by specially designed internal structure. Innovative design of such hybrid materials determined by geometric principles will be realized with intensive plastic deformation, which provides for substantial properties improvement due to nano structuring. The use of intensive plastic deformation is two-fold – both as a method to improve properties of certain hybrid components by structure refinement and as a method to compound components into a hybrid with predetermined internal structure.
The projects is unique thanks to an advanced approach to developing hybrid materials which can be considered as new generation composites. The cornerstone of the method is the internal structure and combination of hybrid component which provide for additional variability possibilities. The offered methods of obtaining hybrid materials allow both to achieve the desired internal structure and nano structure its components. It results in such combination of properties which is not achievable with other methods.
1. WEDM machine
2. CNC lathe СКЕ6130i
3. Vertical CNC production center VDL500
4. Vertical hydraulic press (250 t)
5. Multi-purpose complex of precision preparation and testing of nonstandard sampleas of hybrid materials.
6. Portable AE sensing machine
7. Hybrid materials splitting machine
8. Chamber vacuum furnace
9. Magnetic etching installation
10. Distilling apparatus АЭ-14- «Я»- ФП-01
11. Reciprocating compressor
12. Chamber furnace.СНОЛ 6/12
13. Conductivity meter «Constanta К6»
14. 3D-printer CubePro Trio
15. Аutomatic electro-hydraulic press for testing nonstandard hybrid materials. 16. Anvil for twisting under intensive plastic deformation
17. M etallographic optical microscope Carl Zeiss (AxioLab, Axio Scope, AxioObserver) with Tixomet software.
Patent application № 2014148094 «Method of treatment of low copper alloy».
Events research team
The Laboratory holds lectures and workshops:
Mathematic modelling by finite elements method,
Ultra-fine grain materials properties, obtained by intensive plastic deformation method, etc
with participation of international scientists.
Partnership and cooperation
1. Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover
2. Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam, Germany
3. Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg (TUHH), Institute of Continuous Media Mechanics, Germany
4. Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
5. Universite de Metz France, DAMAS lab.
6. Helmholtz Zentrum Geesthacht, Germany
7. Monash University, Clayton, Australia
8. Pohang University of Science and Technology, Korea